Types of Augmented Reality (AR) used by businesses
- Projection based AR- May or may not be interactive. Provides digital images of real objects in physical space.
- Recognition based AR- Operates with QR codes and scanned images. Another category of AR tech translates words seen through the camera.
- Location based AR- Operates mainly on the location detection feature. Provide information on screen using GPS, compass, etc.
- Outlining AR- Used in architecture for outlining building and boundaries, it uses object recognition to work and is like projection-based AR.
- Superimposition based AR- Uses object recognition to replace an entire object or a part of it.