Every app idea comes with a baggage of expectations with it. Every company and entrepreneur want their app to perform outstandingly on the app stores. In order to get business apps that can live up to the user’s expectations & achieve desired sales targets, companies and business owners are paying a huge amount of money. Presently, mobile apps design & development industry is having a great time out there in the I.T. market.
With every passing year, the numbers of enterprise mobile apps are increasing rapidly on the app stores. As compared to the numbers of new apps uploaded per year, the success ratio is quite less. There are some genuine behind huge numbers of enterprise mobile apps failing to deliver desired outcomes. One such reason is companies’ misses to understand the user’s expectations and app marketing fundamentals. Let’s find out some of the important yet ignored factors that play an important role in app success –
1. App Icon – App icon is the first thing being noticed by the users. Every app icon tells something about the app and is responsible for the first impression of the app on the users. It is very usually these days that some excellent apps didn’t perform up to their caliber due to lack of well-designed app icons.
The one common thing in every app that created history in term of no. of downloads & ROI (Return Of Investment) is a logically designed app icon. Many of companies takes their app icon for granted and concentrate more of the functionalities of the app, ignoring the importance of app icon ultimately leads to app failure. In the nutshell, we can say that it is very important for every app to have a sensible & appealing icon for its success run on the app stores.
2. App Description – Another major reason behind the poor performance of many enterprise apps is the badly written app description. In most of the cases, companies and entrepreneurs don’t pay much attention to the quality of their app description.
Using copied contents from another relevant app confuse the users and results in lower numbers of downloads. That is why it is very important to have originally written content explaining all the features & functionalities of the app in the best possible way. A detailed app description help users in knowing every possible information of the app and thus boost the numbers of the downloads.
3. App Size – Many of the innovative business apps fails to perform up to their caliber because of their size. Users simply hate the app that offer interrupted navigation, no matter how good or bad are its features.
The size of the app is one of the main reason behind it’s interrupted user experience. Having great design and features are not enough for an app to make it to the million downloads mark. The size of the app is equally important and must be such that it can execute complex tasks without any interruption.
4. User’s reviews and feedbacks – Companies and business owners usually take user’s reviews and feedbacks on their enterprise mobile apps for granted. Ignorance toward user’s take on the app is another factor that leads to its failure. In fact, user’s review is the best way of knowing the scope of improvisation in the app.
Many of the success enterprise apps that didn’t get the overwhelming initial response comes into the limelight after release many updated versions on the basis user’s view. Taking regular follow ups on the user’s reviews and getting them implemented is the best way of developing the flawless enterprise mobile app.
Introducing improvisation in the functionalities and other aspects of the app on the basis of user’s feedback is one of the best practices. In the nutshell, developing an enterprise app and uploading it on the app store is not just enough for better sales & business growth.
5. App marketing – Most of the companies concentrate only on the design & development cost of their enterprise mobile apps. In fact, getting a business mobile app developed is not enough for better sales and growth. Companies need to invest in the marketing of the app as well for its better visibility among users. Marketing plays a crucial role in deciding the destiny of any enterprise app. Like every other new product, mobile apps also needs an initial marketing boost.
It is very necessary to have a marketing budget also apart from design & development cost of the app. Companies and entrepreneurs can invest on paid banner ads, press releases, reviews, etc. for marketing point of view of the app.
So, if you’re thinking of getting any of your enterprise mobile app developed, don’t forget to market it well. As marketing not only, help in getting more numbers of app downloads but also boost its brand value.
We hope this blog post will help our readers with their enterprise mobile apps design & development queries. At TechAhead’s official blog, we come out with an interesting blog post every week based on latest updates, news & questions from the mobile industry.
Let’s work together to engineer exceptional experiences.
Get in touch.
Join 10,000 Other Entrepreneurs
Get insider tips and tricks that’ll help you create an epic app
and profitable business, all FREE!