The rising demand for technology-driven solutions compels web developers to gain knowledge and understanding of both front-end and back-end languages. The need for full-stack development professionals who can develop the client-side as well as the server-side of the application is in full swing. Companies across the globe are rigorously searching for professional developers who can build a complete web application right from scratch.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics report, the demand for full-stack developers will exceed 8,53,000 by the year 2024. Companies consider full-stack app development professionals as invaluable assets for their business, due to the value that they add to the company,
What is Full-stack development?
Full-Stack development involves developing all the components of the application, including front-end, back-end, and database portions. It often includes debugging web applications. The mobile developer takes into consideration the full development operations right from conceptualization to final product. Here, the developers deal with:
- Front end: the appearance of the website or mobile app
- Back end: Database and app infrastructure that works under the hood
Full-stack Development Architecture
Similar to other application development processes, full-stack development also involves three layers. It includes the presentation layer, which is the front-end part associated with the user interface; the business logic layer, which is associated with data validation; and the database layer that is associated with data.
1) Presentation layer
2) Business logic layer
This is the backend layer that contains components that are not visible to the users. This layer accommodates right in the middle of the presentation layer and the database layer. It is responsible for retrieving and positioning the data requested from the client and transferring it to the data layer. The entire process involves complicated operations that include authentication, authorization, business logic design, API endpoint design, etc.
3) Database layer
Also known as a data layer, it handles how the app developer creates, uses, reads, stores, manages, or deletes data from the database which could be on MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Firestore. It is when the developer writes the app’s runtime data onto the hard drive of the system. The critical role of this layer is to retrieve data from the runtime of the system’s processes and then store it in such a manner that it remains accessible on subsequent system restart instances.
Full-Stack Development: Languages
Full-stack development involves a good understanding of both the front end as well as the back end languages. Knowing these languages and the functions they perform will give developers a boost in the industry. It includes multiple languages that help effectively structuring data and handling APIs request-response for efficient data storage and retrieval operations.
- HTML: It is known as the backbone of the web. Developers use HTML to build all the websites on the internet.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheet controls the way HTML looks and functions on a web page.
- PHP: Since PHP coding executes on Server, so it is known as Server-side scripting language, specially designed for the web.
- C++: Widely used programming language that gives a high-level control to the programmers over system memory and resources. The developers often use it for complex programming.
- Java: An object-oriented, class-based programming language. Developer use it often for having as few application dependencies as possible
- Python: A general-purpose, high level, the interpreted programming language that emphasizes code readability. Python development code is highly readable and allows app developers to work efficiently and integrate multiple systems seamlessly.
Full-Stack Development: Frameworks & Libraries
Due to the popularity of frontend frameworks and libraries, the count continues to increase drastically. While developing a new app or a website, choosing the right frontend framework and library can ignite the process of full-stack app development.
Front-end Frameworks and Libraries
- AngularJS: Open-source, front end framework mainly used to build Single Page Applications (SPAs). It allows extending HTML vocabulary for developing an interactive mobile app.
- Bootstrap: An open-source and a free CSS framework focused on mobile-first and responsive mobile app development. A collaboration of JS components with JSS and HTML enables quick and more accessible web app development.
- SASS: A CSS extension language that is powerful, stable, feature-rich, mature, and professional grade. It extends the functionality of existing CSS on the website.
Back-end Frameworks and Libraries
- Express: An open-source, free web application framework for NodeJS, designed for building APIs and web apps
- Django: A free and open-source Python-based web framework that follows the model-template-view architectural platform
- Laravel: An opensource and free PHP based web framework that is based on Symfony and supports model-view-controller architectural platform
- Rails: rails, also known as Ruby on Rails is a server-side web application platform that follows model-view-controller architectural pattern
- Spring: An application framework that can be used by any Java platform
Full-Stack Development – Database
- Oracle: A multi-model database management system commonly used to run data warehousing, online transaction processing, and mixed database workloads
- MySQL: A relational database management system which is open source and is used with PHP to connect and manipulate databases
- MongoDB: A cross-platform document-oriented database management system popularly used in building modern apps
- PostgreSQL: A free and open-source relational database management system that focuses on technical standards compliance
- Cloud Firestore: Google Cloud Firestore is a NoSQL database built for automatic scaling, high performance, and ease of application development.
How full-stack development helps in increasing business?
Over the years, full-stack web development has evolved and extended hugely. A full-stack developer with a range of skills and experience can handle all the front-end and back-end related processes right from the concept to the final product. It helps to build highly intuitive apps that result in practical problem-solving.
Moreover, developers prefer these apps as they develop it comprehensively using state of the art technology; this is why they are cost-effective. Furthermore, these apps are more practical for small businesses and startups. It helps to build a website or a mobile app that loads faster and is compatible across platforms.
Are you interested in full-stack web development?
Are you looking for full-stack app development to increase your business productivity? Hire a technology expert who can understand the code, design as well as your business objectives and possess the ability to craft a custom app that meets your business needs. TechAhead, one of the top mobile app development companies, is a collaborative full-stack app development company that builds future apps to take your business to the next level.
The need for full-stack development stems from the increasing demand for business transformation and amplified power of the advanced tools. Writing a responsive full-stack application requires understanding different software architectures. The resultant apps will help increase your business productivity as it makes you think and act faster, hence improves decision making.