Mobile apps have taken the world by storm. It follows that there are some pointers that a business launching a mobile app needs to follow. Let us look at each of these pointers from Checklist that business need to keep in mind before and after app launch in detail.
✓ Creating a good landing page
It is important to create awareness about the app being launched before the launch itself. However, it is not so easy. The first step in the process is to create a good landing page. This landing page will enable you to collect signups and also to create an awareness and building an interest in the app.
A good landing page has several characteristics. The characteristics of a good landing page are:
• Minimise distractions
• Compel site visitors and guide them towards providing correct information in the form of feeding in their email address
• Create a simple design which conveys the point
• Create a clean interface
• Provide a feature of sharing of the app with others
• Optimise your site for visits from users of laptops, desktops, mobiles or tablets
✓ Set up social media marketing handles
The next step is to set us social media marketing handles on various social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. Create the blog and share the blog through Tumblr. Using the social media optimally can go a long way in ensuring that the app is a success.
✓ Create a demo
Another important step towards launching an app is to create a demo. This is usually a video which explains the purpose and functioning of your app. It acts as a trailer and entices viewers to try the app. It pitches the app to the users by highlighting its important features and uses. In essence, the main purpose of a demo is to create awareness and to convert the viewers into users of the app. The demo is useful to:
• Promote the product
• Increase members
• Enable conversion from viewers to members
• Attract investors
✓ Prepare your press release
The press also plays a great role in creating awareness regarding your app. Therefore, it is important for you to prepare and write a press release that will guide the journalists on the salient features of your app. Publicity is one of the greatest forms of sales promotion. Hence, by providing a good press release to the journalists, you can ensure good publicity for your app.
✓ Prepare a press kit
Everyone likes a visual impact and physical evidence. People like to experience in brief what you are trying to sell to them. Therefore, apart from the press release, you should also prepare a press kit which should be handed over to each journalist who attends the app launch. This press kit should be a zipped file ready for the press and should include the following:
• The press release
• A perfectly proportioned and well suited icon (As per standard dimensions)
• Screenshots of the UI of the app
• Images used for marketing and promoting the product
• Management and team picture
✓ Identify and focus on press leads
After the press has been addressed and the press release has been made, it is important to target the correct press leads. Not all journalists will be interested in your product, the journalists who have an interest in your product will be have more interest. You should focus on those app review sites which are suitable and cater to your product and which the prospective members of your site are likely to visit.
✓ Getting adequate and focussed press coverage
It is very important to get full and optimal media coverage. There are some ways in which this can be done:
• Send out an email to all the journalists
• This email should follow certain norms and should be structured in such a way that it grabs attention of the journalists. Ideally, this email should be sent to those journalists who are related to your field and therefore, will be more likely to pay attention to your email
• Follow up on email responses
• Make sure that you follow up on the responses to the emails you send out. This can be done by immediately sending a formal invite to the press release and following up with a press kit. A personal phone call will also help.
• Contact relevant mobile writers
• An important task would be to follow up on the press coverage received by a rival app. This will help you to focus on the mobile writers who are important.
• Use social media effectively
• It is important to use social media effectively. Use correct keywords when usin Twitter in order to attract the correct views.
• Provide a demo video or link everywhere
✓ Prepare submission to App Store
Once the press aspect of the launch has been covered, it is important to prepare the app for launch in the app store.
Here are some guidelines on how to prepare for app store submission:
• Choose appropriate and relevant keywords
• Choose an appropriate, attractive and easy App store title
• Create a catchy, attractive and useful description for the App store
• View the platform’s checklist for app submission before final submission
• Create appropriate icon artwork and associated areas
• Tag metadata correctly
• Set the correct price for the app
✓ Use Social Media to find customers
The work does not end with just the launch. You have to continuously find more customers so that the app has constant visitors and members. Use of Twitter and Facebook is especially useful in this situation.
✓ Find influencers to try the app and review it
Find influencers and eminent personalities who can try the app and review it so that visitors take notice and treat the app seriously.