Copy the code below to embed this infographic on your website. <img src="https://media.techaheadcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Mobile-Development-Infographic-Option-2.jpg" alt="Mobile Apps…
Enterprise software is changing fast. Since many years, enterprise software had a fixed model which followed a fixed chain of activities. These activities began with requisitioning, requirements gathering, code writing followed by testing and finally the delivery. The end product was often delivered by first desktops, as they were the norm and then by laptops, when they replaced desktops. However, man is a product of evolution and this evolution extended itself even to the area of enterprise software development. Newer trends which were more convenient, effective and useful started coming up.
Let us look at the top trends in enterprise software.
1) The first of these trends is that enterprise software is becoming fast and lean. It is become fast so that it can keep up with the ever changing and modifying business environment. This fast changing business environment means that there is a need to speed up and become more effective in a shorter span of time. This is because there is a lot of competition, which means that there is a short span of reaction time to any new opportunity that presents itself. While the business environment is changing and becoming different, customers and clients are becoming demanding and specific. This means that there is a pressing need for the enterprise software to be effective, seamless and convenient to use. If this is not the case, the result would be loss in business and a reducing customer base.
The enterprise software should be such that it is deceptive in its approach. It should have a simple and easy to use frontend and a complicated and complex backend. The complex and complicated backend makes it possible to have a seamless and productive frontend. There should be no room for unnecessary complications and bugs which can hamper the productivity of the software.
2) The second hot trend for enterprise software is the importance that functional programming is garnering. Functional programming is a way of programming that is getting centre stage and is fast becoming very popular and in demand. Functional programming involves developing specific apps for specific functions. This enables enterprises as well as users to use the apps effectively and in a manner that is effective and less time consuming. Another way that developers are cutting out on bugs is that they are launching a MVP approach or a Minimum Viable Product approach. This approach can be considered a sample run and has a few of the specific features that the full app will have. Developers first launch this MVP product and gather feedback and then they incorporate the product and launch the product.
3) The hot trend is the emergence of DevOps. Rather than accepting easily what the developer have to offer, the trend has swung in favour of the business managers and they have become active participants in the development of enterprise software. DevOps is a spin off from the agile and lean methods of software delivery. It brings together the developers and the business community so that the resultant software is both effective and useful.
4) Analytics is the key. The next hottest trend is the emergence of analytics and the newly emerging analytical capabilities of enterprise software. These capabilities ensure that the users are able to use reports and customer trends to develop focused and useful software. It should be kept in mind that the analytics should make use of the data and contextual awareness as well as factoring in human judgement regarding the use of enterprise software.
5) Cloud computing is fast taking over businesses everywhere. Enterprise software is not an exception. Even though, some of the enterprises still use in-house servers, more and more enterprises are now migrating to SaaS models as they ensure more flexibility, availability and are more cost effective than in house servers. Along with cloud, mobility is also a consideration. With mobility taking over the world, enterprise software has also come in the ambit. Migrations to SaaS model have helped enterprises to incorporate mobility also in their feature basket. This has enhanced the appeal and usability of the enterprise software using this technology.